The APEM Aviation website also collects information:
- that you provide to APEM Aviation for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and newsletters including your email address.
- that you choose to send to us, such as requests for information, entering competitions etc.
Personal information submitted to APEM via this website will be used strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act, and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
In particular, by using the APEM Aviation website and providing your personal information to it you acknowledge and agree that we may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the options available on the website
- provide third parties (such as marketing consultants and website developers) with statistical information about our users – but it will NOT be possible to identify any particular user by virtue of this statistical data
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that we may also use your contact details to send you email notifications and communications providing information that you have specifically requested, and to send you our newsletters and other communications relating to APEM.
APEM may disclose information about you to any of our employees or other third parties if reasonably necessary for the purposes of providing information you have requested and in accordance with Data Protection Policy.
In addition, we may need to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and will store all the personal information you provide to us via the website on our secure servers. However, APEM cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet as there are always risks associated with data transmission over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Any individual wishing to access their personal information should put their request in writing to the Data Protection Controller (DPC). APEM will respond to such written requests as soon as is reasonably practical and in any event, within the statutory time limits. Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The APEM website contains links to other websites. APEM is not responsible for the cookies, privacy policies or practices of third party websites.